It's that time of the year again, to put in our seed order in. So we did. This year it is time to add more : Packman Broccoli, Black Beauty Eggplant, Candy Onions, Anaheim Peppers, Hungarian Hot Wax Peppers, Giant Marconi Peppers, Jalappeno Peppers, Super Chilli Peppers, Brandywine Tomato, Hillbilly Tomato, Roma Tomato, Mr. Stripey Tomato, and Tumbling Tom Tomato. I'm sure there will be more added, but these are the bulk order items.
We took a trip to town today, needed to get some parts for the wood furnaces. I want to replace some of the flue that is showing signs of age. I also picked up a tire for the wheel barrow, I had a blow out. Just glad it wasn't full of cement when it blew. We stopped by the feed store and picked up some extra feed, as the prices are going up. While we were there we picked up a new set of coveralls for each of us. Guess they will be from Santa this year. hehe
The Homestead
The homestead has came a long way since we first started thinking of it. After years of working and learning, we decided to make the move. We left good jobs, with enough money in the bank to buy a small piece of property and build a shelter. We found just the right spot, at least one we both agreed on, and settled down. After several months of living in a tent, we finally had the first building to a point it could be occupied. We had a roof, a floor and tarp walls. The well was in and there was finally electric to the place. It was such an exciting moment to turn on a faucet and see good, clear, safe water flow into a bucket.
Work continued on the building, siding was installed, interior walls went up, electrical was roughed in as well as the plumbing for the kitchen and the long awaited bathroom. I remembered the outhouse runs from my younger days, but I don't seem to remember it quite the same now that I'm older.
Work continued, and the house took shape. We wound up with an appartment that has 768 sq ft. It consist of a bedroom, livingroom/kitchen combo, bathroom, utility room and a small pantry. It is real cozy and easy to heat with our wood fired cook stove.
Work continued on the building, siding was installed, interior walls went up, electrical was roughed in as well as the plumbing for the kitchen and the long awaited bathroom. I remembered the outhouse runs from my younger days, but I don't seem to remember it quite the same now that I'm older.
Work continued, and the house took shape. We wound up with an appartment that has 768 sq ft. It consist of a bedroom, livingroom/kitchen combo, bathroom, utility room and a small pantry. It is real cozy and easy to heat with our wood fired cook stove.
Gosh you all are getting your seeds early, am thinking maybe we should do the same. And your mentioning overalls, had an old pair of my Dad's and wore those things working outdoors till they literally fell apart, ty for mentioning them, as think is time for another pair. Sounds like Santa sure is good to yall! Gracie
ReplyDelete