I think it's time to step out here. Some of you that know me, know that I can be out spoken. Even when I should be quiet. lol I am going to ramble here for awhile.
There are a lot of people out there that don't know, don't understand, or just don't care about what we do. When there is a time of disaster, be it a natural disaster like an earthquake, tornado, hurricane, fire, or be it a man made disaster. Those would include, war, nuclear accident, pandemic, economical, agricultural based, or terrorism, real or false flag. In any of these events, it would take 4 to 7 days or less for the system to fail. When people are hungry, or thirsty they will do things that they might never think of otherwise.
Some are so wrapped up in their jobs, or so busy trying to keep their jobs, that's all they can see. Others, are so strapped and caught up in the problems of just surviving in their own little world, while trying to hold it together. Then there are those that have lost everything usually, through no fault of their own, they lost their jobs, their homes. A lot are back living with the parents, living with friend, or are homeless living in shelters, or on the street. THEN, there are those that just want to get all they can get for free. It is their lifestyle, and has been for generations.
I believe most people are good in nature. They will come to help, if they can, when they can, and how they can. I also believe that to survive, they are capable of anything.
This country has always had faith, hope, and charity, since it's begining. The problem I see today is that we have allowed a few to impede our ability to have and practice our faith. It doesn't bother me what name you call God, as long as you know there is one. Why is this important to me? Without faith, how can I have hope. Hope is something that we all need, in our daily lives and especially in times of disaster. Without hope there is no reason to go on, you give up. Charity is a combination of that faith and hope. Without either one, why would you want to help anyone else, just to make you feel important to yourself, maybe.
So far our disasters have been local. However, what will happen when it goes beyond that? We have been able to truck in relief aid and personel up to now. Course when the govt is involved, it will still take awhile, but they do get there eventually.
What happens when they can't get there?
The Homestead
The homestead has came a long way since we first started thinking of it. After years of working and learning, we decided to make the move. We left good jobs, with enough money in the bank to buy a small piece of property and build a shelter. We found just the right spot, at least one we both agreed on, and settled down. After several months of living in a tent, we finally had the first building to a point it could be occupied. We had a roof, a floor and tarp walls. The well was in and there was finally electric to the place. It was such an exciting moment to turn on a faucet and see good, clear, safe water flow into a bucket.
Work continued on the building, siding was installed, interior walls went up, electrical was roughed in as well as the plumbing for the kitchen and the long awaited bathroom. I remembered the outhouse runs from my younger days, but I don't seem to remember it quite the same now that I'm older.
Work continued, and the house took shape. We wound up with an appartment that has 768 sq ft. It consist of a bedroom, livingroom/kitchen combo, bathroom, utility room and a small pantry. It is real cozy and easy to heat with our wood fired cook stove.
Work continued on the building, siding was installed, interior walls went up, electrical was roughed in as well as the plumbing for the kitchen and the long awaited bathroom. I remembered the outhouse runs from my younger days, but I don't seem to remember it quite the same now that I'm older.
Work continued, and the house took shape. We wound up with an appartment that has 768 sq ft. It consist of a bedroom, livingroom/kitchen combo, bathroom, utility room and a small pantry. It is real cozy and easy to heat with our wood fired cook stove.
No comments:
Post a Comment